- What is Genedrive®?
- Genedrive® is a portable, rapid, molecular diagnostics device. It can be easily operated under a range of point of need testing situations with limited requirement for ancillary equipment or test materials such as decentralised laboratories and field-deployment.
- What is the principle of Genedrive®? How does it detect MTB and rifampicin (RIF) resistance?
- Genedrive® uses the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) to give rapid nucleic acid amplification and detection of target sequences present in a sample. This test uses freeze-dried PCR assay reagents targeted against two core sequences within MTB genome:
1) a 130bp fragment within highly conserved multi-copy gene region to detect MTB
2) a 275bp region of the single copy rpoB gene to detect RIF resistance
- Is Genedrive® a PCR machine?
- Yes, it is a small, portable PCR machine.
- What components are supplied with the Genedrive® instrument?
- The following components are supplied when you purchase a new machine:
a. Genedrive® instrument
b. Genedrive® power adaptor (Input: 100-240V AC 1.2A, 50/60Hz | Output: 12V DC 8.33A)
c. Genedrive® power cable with country-specific IEC mains power cable
d. Genedrive® user manual
- Can any other laptop charger adapter or cable be used with Genedrive®?
- No, only the hardware supplied by the manufacturer should be used.
- Is there a printer option available for Genedrive®?
- Yes, this can be purchased separately. Please contact your local representative for further details.
- Is there an UPS power option available for Genedrive®?
- Yes, from August 2016 a UPS power option (enabling uninterrupted power supply) will be available for purchase. Please contact your local representative for further details.
- Will I be able to modify the PCR programme in the Genedrive® unit?
- No, the Genedrive® software can only be accessed by the manufacturer.
- Can Genedrive® be moved whilst it is performing a run?
- No, Genedrive® should not be moved when a run is being performed.
- What precautions should be taken when operating Genedrive® or while Genedrive® is running?
- The Genedrive® instrument should be operated on a flat horizontal surface and must not be moved during operation. Avoid placing it in areas with excessive vibration or other mechanical stresses throughout the run. It is important not to obstruct the fan vents on the underneath and on the back of the unit.
- Are any safety precautions recommended for using Genedrive®?
- Yes, please follow all of the recommended local safety measures and refer to the IFU for specific assay safety instructions.
- How can I transfer the results from Genedrive® to the laboratory computer?
- Data can be transferred using a USB (female USB 2.0) and following the on-screen instructions. Please refer to the user manual for details.
- Can I access the previous results on the Genedrive® instrument?
- Yes, the last 12 results can be accessed from the home screen on the Genedrive® instrument. Please refer to the user manual for details.
- How many results are stored on Genedrive®?
- Up to 1,000 results can be stored on Genedrive®. These are embedded onto the device at the end of each run and remain on the device even when it has been powered down. Results can be transferred from Genedrive® using a USB memory stick. After 1,000 results have been stored, Genedrive® will replace the oldest result with the latest result.
- Is Genedrive® compatible with any lab printer?
- No, Genedrive® has its own specific printer. For further details, please contact your local representative.
- Will other assays be made available on Genedrive® in future?
- Yes, an HCV assay is already in development with a launch date in 2017.
- What are the specifications of Genedrive®?
- Please refer to user manual.
- Does Genedrive® need to be earthed during use?
- Yes, the Genedrive® power supply must be connected to a properly earthed mains circuit with appropriate surge protection.
- How can I get the latest version of the user manual?
- You can download the latest version of the user manual from the Genedrive® website (www.genedrive.com).